1.Rates include unlimited miles, Airport Access Fee, Third Party Liability, Road fund licence & VAT Value-Added Tax on all rentals.
2. All cars are manual shift, except where shown as "auto".
3. HOURS: Rentals are based on 24-hour periods, i.e., a car picked up at 7 AM is paid for until 7 AM of the day you are scheduled to return it. Any additional hours are at your own expense.
|UK All drivers must be 25 years of age or older. Drivers aged 25 - 29 can rent all vehicles except full size MPVs (MPV and MPVA), small premiums (PDMR/PDAR), large premiums (LDMR/LDAR) and 4x4s (IFMR/IFAR and FFMR/FFAR). V6 vans too cannot be rented to 25-29 year olds. Age 30+ can rent all vehicles.||IRELAND All drivers must have been eligible to hold a licence for eight years to rent up to a class SDMR vehicle. For SVMR/IVMR, FVMR, FVAR (MPVs) vehicles and IKMN and FKMN (vans) renters must have been eligible for a licence for eleven years. PDMR (Small premium) vehicles are only available from airports to renters eligible for a licence for more than 13 years.|
5. ADDITIONAL DRIVERS:
|UK:Additional drivers are charged at £13.00/day, Tax Excluded
Additional drivers are charged at £18.33/day, Included VAT and AFF. Maximum 10 days charge
|IRELAND:Additional drivers are charged at €8 per day, Tax Excluded
Additional drivers are charged at €10.81 per day, Included VAT and AFF. Maximum 10 days charge
There is NO maximum age for rentals.
6. PREPAID CAR INSURANCE: Third-party insurance is included. However, this means that in the event of an accident, the other car is covered. Yours is not. To cover this eventuality, we recommend that you purchase additional CDW insurance (Collision). You should prepay your car insurance. It is cheaper here. If you do not purchase insurance, you may be required to leave a credit card for the value of your car upon arrival.
7. Locations: UK Most airports, plus London Waterloo, London Russell Square, Manchester Picadilly, Southampton Docks, Glasgow City Centre, Edinburgh City Centre, Edinburgh Waverly station, York Train Station, Newcastle Train Station. IRELAND: Dublin Airport, Cork Airport, Donegal Airport, Shannon Airport plus Athlone, Cavan, Cork, Dublin City Centre, Dun Laoghaire, Galway, Kilkenny, Killarney, Letterkenny, Limerick, Sligo, Waterford. Northern Ireland: Pick-up and drop-off at Belfast Airport.
8. ONE WAY RENTALS: UK: All Rentals where the vehicle is not returned to the same location as it is collected will be subjected to a one way fee of £50. One way rentals are only allowed within mainland UK only. IRELAND: There will be no charge for one ways between the following routes: 1 - Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre 2- Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport (and the return routes). All other rentals where the vehicle is not returned to the same location as it is collected will be subjected to a one way fee of €50. One way rentals are only allowed within mainland Ireland only. Cars cannot be delivered to other locations, i.e., hotels.
9. TAKING THE CAR OUT OF THE COUNTRY: BRITAIN: No vehicles can be taken out of the UK Mainland except for travel to Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, although the vehicle must be returned to the territory where it was rented. There is a charge of £125 per rental to take the vehicle to Mainland Ireland. You CANNOT take a car rented in Ireland to mainland Britain though, other than to Northern Ireland.
10. THEFT PROTECTION:THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE CDW INCLUSIVE RATES, BUT IS OPTIONAL AND AT ADDED COST IF YOU DO NOT PURCHASE THE CDW OPTION BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME. This insurance provides coverage for theft or attempted theft of the vehicle. The amount is €8.50 per day on all car groups. There is a non-waivable excess of €850 - €1,500 +VAT , which is the renters responsibility. Should you wish to decline Theft Protection, you will be held responsible for the full value of the car in the event of theft.
11. PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE This insurance is cover for the driver and passengers for personal injury or death. Does not cover luggage. The fee for this is €7 incl. VAT per day and is payable directly to the car rental company.
12. GASOLINE is not included and costs approximately twice as much as it does in the US. Refuelling Policy: Car is supplied with full tank; return full or refuelling charges will apply.
|Did you know? Among other things, credit card car rental insurance
usually does not cover the cost of replacing each day's rental income, if the
rental car you damaged (or the car is stolen while you are responsible for the
car) prevents that car from being hired while it is in repair, to cover the
lost revenue the company has while a car in their fleet is not available for
Renters are responsible for tires that have been damaged due to neglect, carelessness or in an accident during rental. This includes punctures, tires that have been run flat and tires with sidewall cuts and bulges. Make sure you check your tires at the time of rental! Parking, Speeding fines and Toll charges are the responsibility of the customer.
Did you know? You can have CDW coverage offered "free" by your credit card company but it often may only cover property damage (and that after a deductible), but it may not cover the loss of rental revenue for the company until the rental car is back in the fleet due to down time caused by whatever reason, damage or theft.
CDW=Collision Damage Waiver has a deductible
Super CDW = Has a LOW deductible
upgrade per day per car, not per person on Self Drive Ireland package
All cars are stick shift unless noted as "auto"
Car Upgrades on Self Drive Britain